We have been blessed with 38 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. They bring us great joy. They are happy, healthy, bright and good. We thank our 8 children and their great spouses for these wonderful young people.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Time Flies When Your Having Fun

It is a very interesting thing how time can fly by. We have really seen that, as we have served a mission. It really hit home when on April 27 Elder Urmston had a birthday and became an age that I can remember thinking, when my parents were that age, that they were really old. The problem with this is that I did not marry an older man. Four more months and I am there.



I have known Elder Urmston for 54 years. How can that be. We received an announcement of our high school reunion of 50 years. Wait that can not be. Our eldest son is a grandpa which means we have two great grandchildren. What!! Half of our grandchildren are 13 and up. Not yet.


Inside, the person that I am is young, but the mirror tells me that the outward appearance has changed

So I just wanted to celebrate my husbands birthday with all of you and let you know that the best is yet to come. When I met him so many years ago, one thing that impressed me was his hair. It was always combed very neatly. Through out high school it only changed once. He came back in Sophomore year with a crew cut. I loved it. Now his wonderful hair is silver and I love it even more. Very distinguished.


Those of you who know him , realize that he never forgets a story or joke, and finds great pleasure in sharing them with others. He enjoys them over and over and over again. In our young years together it was his great sense of humor and teasing that made life fun. I often say I married him becuase he made me laugh. He continues to lift me up with a funny story or some teasing today


He has always worked hard to provide for his family and has been very successful in everything that he has done. He is a perfectionist is some things.


What does he like? He loves to eat any type of food, at home or in a restaurant. He savors all of the many different types of food. He loves a good Clive Cussler book. He likes to play Hearts on the computer. He loves to watch a good high school football game, especially when one of his grandsons is playing. He especially loves a good joke or story. He finds great joy and happiness in his family.


The most wonderful thing about my husband is his great love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From the day he was baptized, shortly after our marriage, he has served when called. He continues to do so now, with a great ability to help others feel of his love for the Savior.

Our life together has helped us grow to where we are today. We have been blessed with 8 wonderful children who picked perfect spouses and made our life complete with 38 ( welcome Marissa Ivins) grandchildren and two great grandchildren.


On the day of his birthday we had a Family Home Evening. One of our young friends let everyone know it was his birthday and they came to celebrate. We had cakes and balloons and presents. It was very nice and he was very pleased. He truly loves the people he has met here in Melbourne. So Happy Birthday to my husband of many many years. I hope there will be many more to come.

6 comments:

THE EBERSOHLS said...

Happy Birthday Elder Urmston! What a sweet post. It was so nice to read. You both are wonderful! What amazing missionaries! Enjoy celebrating and enjoy every minute of the mission field.

Jaime said...

Great post! Happy Happy birthday dad.

Rinez said...

Happy birthday from the Campbells! It was good to learn a little more about "Elder Urmston."

Leslie said...

What were you saying about the food? Love the post. Feel like suck a shmuck. Happy BDay Dad!!

juliette said...

happy birthday Elder Urmston :)

Stake Camp Directors said...

Yikes, time does fly. I am glad this adventure has been so wonderful for both of you. I think it just means though that your stay at home will not be for too long. Lookng forward to June and having you back in town for a bit.